3 Bean Vegan Sweet Potato Chili
Great chili recipe high in iron and fiber
- 1 large sweet potato about 4 cups chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion about 1/2 cup diced
- 1 tablepoon ranch seasoning
- 1 tablepoon cumin
- 2 tablepoons chili powder
- 1 14.5 ounce can no salt added kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can no salt added black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can no salt added great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cups vegetable broth
Peel sweet potato and dice into to medium sized pieces. Set aside.
Dice onion into a small dice. In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Saute onions for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add sweet potatoes, ranch seasoning, cumin and chili powder. Stir to combine.
Add beans, diced tomatoes with green chiles and vegetable broth. Combine and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve warm.