Hey y’all! Who doesn’t love a good lettuce wrap! Football season will be here very soon which means tailgates, parties and tasty food! Add this super easy recipe to the appetizer menu. Lettuce wraps are a great way to get in veggies and with these, you still get that delicious Buffalo flavor that we all love. And the best part is that it only takes 15 minutes to make!
I added celery and carrots because every time I eat buffalo wings, it always comes with celery and carrot sticks. I was really going for the full effect here. You can always use shredded chicken here which would be perfect! Another option is to throw everything in a bowl and eat it as a salad. That works too. Any type of lettuce can be used here so choose your favorite.
What is the best type of lettuce?
There are many different types of lettuce. Lettuce can very widely in taste and even texture. You can easily alter the flavor profile of your lettuce wraps by being adventurous. Check out this article from Good Housekeeping if you’re interested in learning more about the wide world of lettuce. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/cooking/g532/types-of-lettuce/
The good in this? Since this is basically a salad….all of the veggies provide fiber which aid in digestion and helps keep our gut bacteria in check. This dish is also very colorful which is one of the major components of a healthful meal.
Crunchy Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 lb 85% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- sliced grape tomatoes
- ranch dressing optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in non-stick skillet. Add ground turkey and cook 5-7 minutes until browned. Add garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Add buffalo sauce and remove from heat. Add mixture to lettuce leaves and top with shredded carrots, celery, tomatoes, and ranch dressing (optional).
- Notes: If the lettuce leaves are jumbo, the recipe makes about 8. Smaller lettuce leaves will make more.