Chicken is so common in weekly staples. There are so many ways to cook chicken though! I love the versatility. These chicken thighs have been my go to since I first made them. Not only are the flavors good, chicken thighs are very inexpensive. You can be super fancy on a budget with this meal! Doesn’t it look so pretty? Lol
I picked up Tarragon at a farmers market in Atlanta for around 3.00. I honestly had never used Tarragon before. I’m excited to try it in more recipes!
The good in this? Chicken is a lean source of protein. By removing the skin, we are able to reduce saturated fat that contributes to chronic diseases. Enjoy this with your favorite sides.
Orange Tarragon Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup orange juice about one medium orange
- 1 Tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Add chicken thighs, coat in marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes on each side. Sear in batches if skillet is smaller to get a crisp on chicken. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of chicken thighs. Garnish with orange zest and serve.