Chicken is so common in weekly staples. There are so many ways to cook chicken though! I love the versatility. These chicken thighs have been my go to since I first made them. Not only are the flavors good, chicken thighs are very inexpensive. You can be super fancy on a budget with this meal! Doesn’t it look so pretty? Lol
I picked up Tarragon at a farmers market in Atlanta for around 3.00. I honestly had never used Tarragon before. I’m excited to try it in more recipes!
The good in this? Chicken is a lean source of protein. By removing the skin, we are able to reduce saturated fat that contributes to chronic diseases. Enjoy this with your favorite sides.
Jump to Recipe
Orange Tarragon Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup orange juice about one medium orange
- 1 Tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Add chicken thighs, coat in marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes on each side. Sear in batches if skillet is smaller to get a crisp on chicken. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of chicken thighs. Garnish with orange zest and serve.