Happy Monday! Today I’m sharing a delicious vegetarian recipe that any avid meat eater will devour! It is so flavorful and comes together in only 15 minutes. I love a good chicken or steak Philly, but this is a great substitute if you’re trying to decrease the amount of meat you eat. The filling for these can definitely be put on bread if you want. I promise, the filling is soooo good. Like, SO GOOD!
For the sweet potatoes, I popped them in the microwave on the baked potato setting which was about 5 minutes. Of course, you can bake them in the oven or even put several in the slow cooker. I used store bought “steak seasoning” which is basically salt, pepper, garlic and onion, and paprika. So, feel free to make your own and use pantry spices on hand.
The good in this? Let’s talk sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes contain beta carotene, an antioxidant beneficial to brain and eye health. Sweet potatoes also contain fiber, potassium, and many of the B vitamins. B vitamins increase energy and play many roles in metabolism.
Try this out and let me know what y’all think. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week!
Vegetarian Philly Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium-large baked sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper. sliced
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and sauté an additional one minute. Add remaining vegetables, steak seasoning and dried parsley. Sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes or until peppers are softened. Stir in cream cheese and mozzarella cheese and combine with vegetable mixture until completely melted. Slice open sweet potatoes and fill each with 1/3 of mixture. Top with more parsley and enjoy!